Re: [Debconf-team] Information gathered for travel sponsorship

On 05/09/12 14:28, Holger Levsen wrote:

> problem per se. What is a problem is that you seem to insist on your ideas...

I don't mean to `insist' or `rant' about any one idea, nor waste
anybody's time (mine is no less valuable than yours)

However, when I see a comment such as your choice of the word
`pointless', without acknowledging any of the positive facets of the
idea, that leaves me feeling that maybe I need to clarify the idea, or
maybe I failed to communicate it clearly in the first email.

In fact, despite some of the terse comments, the discussion has been
helpful by exposing some insights into just how the sponsorship has
worked in the past, which is potentially helpful for anyone just diving
into this process

And if you will let me have the final word, I do usually back up my
ideas with tangible and productive work and/or effort.  But I like to
discuss things openly and understand people's feeling before embarking
on such things.