Re: [Debconf-team] mailing lists on lists.debian.org

Hi,

On Montag, 20. August 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> To answer Gaudenz's question about keyring maintenance, it wouldn't
> need to be that hard.  We add some standard people to keyring, and
> when something needs to go to -announce, it is also cc'ed to -team,
> and then *anyone* with a key can sign and bounce to -announce again to
> distribute it.  I think this makes it not as hard as it seems, and
> even better than the current system.

huh? That's way more work than just running "listadmin" and let it pass. What
it really takes is more moderators for debconf-announce@l.dc.o.

> > Indeed, but we don't like it that much. But if we get a proper reasoning
> > it should be possible.
> Here's what we use that for: -sponsors-team discusses money matters
> related to sponsors.  Having those public, for example, sponsors being
> contacted and declining, is Not Good.  Knowing exact amounts and
> discussions behind those amounts is not good.  This is the only
> private list, and *needs* to be private - probably even from people
> with Debian accounts

yes, debconf-sponsors team should only be accessable for people working on
getting sponsors - this changes every year.

Also we really want to be able to create lists for debconf-bids as well as for
miniconfs. And we would like to be able to do so without a long discussion (ie
the period for debconf14 bids ends in 5 months, so it would be hurtful to
discuss two month now, whether a debconf14-panama mailinglist would be useful
or not.

cheers,
	Holger