Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] split debcamp?

>> c) after DebConf: will bandwidth still be available for another 1-2
>> weeks?  Will there be billing issues?
>
> I don't think Le Camp will be available after DebConf. And I think we
> should only think about DebCamp parallel events.

Topping up numbers for the DebCamp week is the highest priority

However, bringing people for an extra week, post-DebConf, might give us
a bigger discount (but only if Le Camp is available)

>> d) the other group must do ALL organising themselves: the only official
>> relationship with DebConf is payment of money and share bandwidth.  No
>> formal collaboration on any social events or other efforts
>
> No, they will eat and "sleep" with us, and possibly use our hacklabs.
> Additionally for "Le Camp" they will be part of DebConf.

Let me clarify point (d):

- do they need to have a separate front desk, or just share the
DebCamp/DebConf front desk?
- do they make registrations using Penta?  Or do they just give a
spreadsheet telling us how many beds they need for each night?

We can decide these things at the meeting where we discuss the issue

> So I think that groups should have some relation with Debian (or some of
> our developers), and possibly that meetings should have some value also
> for Debian.

Yes, but do we want to have

- a group that will leave at the end of DebCamp, giving up their beds
for the DebConf guests?

- a group where people stay into DebConf too?

The worst case scenario is that they all stay for an extra 1-2 nights to
see a little bit of DebConf, and that there are not enough beds for
other DebConf guests on the first 1-2 nights.

Given the limited (326) beds, my feeling is we should aim for groups
that won't stay during DebConf itself.