Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] split debcamp?

On 15.08.2012 16:49, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 15/08/12 14:23, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
On 15.08.2012 15:37, Daniel Pocock wrote:
But the issue of attendance during the DebCamp week has very real
financial implications - you don't think it is worth looking at options
to mitigate such risks?

it is an interesting options. Many conferences has satellite conferences
just before or after the main conference, about specific topics.

So we could allow some mini-confs / developer meetings (upstream or
downstream) during our debcamp if they are initiated by some of our
developers.

Could you bring it in next meeting, prepare an announcement and
coordinate the eventual mini-confs?

I would not want to suggest this to any other group unless it is 100%
acceptable to DebConf

yes, so you should bring the topic at next debconf meeting.

Whatever form it takes, I suspect DebConf team needs to agree to it
under rules such as:

a) during the DebCamp phase: maximum number of beds/rooms/bandwidth
available to third parties

I think 50/80 people at maximum. I don't think bandwidth will be a limiting factor

b) cost and risk sharing e.g. the other group(s) must pay at least 1
month before the deadlines set by Le Camp (e.g. DebConf must pay
something in December, so any other group must pay money in November or
we don't count them)

I don't think it is much important to setup. IMHO we should negotiate later. Let's see first if there is an interest. Details later.

c) after DebConf: will bandwidth still be available for another 1-2
weeks?  Will there be billing issues?

I don't think Le Camp will be available after DebConf. And I think we should only think about DebCamp parallel events.

d) the other group must do ALL organising themselves: the only official
relationship with DebConf is payment of money and share bandwidth.  No
formal collaboration on any social events or other efforts

No, they will eat and "sleep" with us, and possibly use our hacklabs. Additionally for "Le Camp" they will be part of DebConf.

So I think that groups should have some relation with Debian (or some of our developers), and possibly that meetings should have some value also for Debian.

ciao
	cate