Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] split debcamp?

Hi there!

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:01:20 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 03:08:51PM +0100, Nattie Mayer-Hutchings wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 01:37:45PM +0000, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> > But the issue of attendance during the DebCamp week has very real
>> > financial implications - you don't think it is worth looking at options
>> > to mitigate such risks?
>>
>> As much as your willingness to be helpful is appreciated, there has recently
>> been a very productive and positive meeting with the management of
>> LeCamp,
>
> I understood it such that his suggestions (and fears) are exactly
> based on the outcome of that meeting. Especially the minimum average
> of 200 beds is something which came up after that meeting. (c.f.
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Meetings/minutes-20120814#Conclusions,
> first item)

That is not true: the fact that there was a minimum amount of money to
have the *whole* venue for ourselves was known since the very first
meeting we had with 'Le Camp'.  By chance, this happened to coincide
with the average number of attendees I used to calculate the initial
rough budget (notes 1 and 3):

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid#Rough_budget_calculations>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca