Re: [Debconf-team] money stuff

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> So, given the recent difficulties in managing money stuff, let me try
> to clairfy some things.  Right now, every money request is bounced
> around and around, or asking the debconf chairs like they are the Epic
> Know It Alls, where in reality knowledge comes from working together.

I replied to these things in a concrete case where I was involved in
the thread where it happened...

I think it's naturally that people ask those that they think to know
it first, and not everybody, and I'm not sure if we should deal with
every single purchase of pencils or printer cartridges on the full
-team list, but will do so if that's how we are supposed to work. From
company environments I learned that most people are happy for each
mail they don't get.

To clarify things even more, it might be good to write up a process
how and with involvement of which persons authorization of expenses
should work. In general regarding expenses controlling it's probably
better to ask two times more than two times less.

> First off, the budget should be public.  We should have had it
> discussed at meetings and agreed as reasonable.  Then, these things
> can be dealt with reasonably fast.  It would hopefully have small flex
> for other stuff.

Agreed and that's how it's happening, isn't it?

> Then, actual money disbursements can be handled by those people that
> actually control bank authorizations (which is different for each of
> the accounts).

Here it might be good to know exactly who this is.

> Here is a quick copy-and-paste from budget-estimate.ods.  It may be
> being updated.

Just to make sure to have everything in the right timely order:

I just received your mail this morning, but it contains informatino
that has been changed last evening (MGA Time) - did your mail take so
long to get to me?

> I would propose when budget-estitmate is updated, it be sent to -team,
> and, combined with all the other info, we agree that it is reasonable
> and approved.  (Note that a lot of these things are already approved).

Will do so from now on!

Henning