[Debconf-team] money stuff

Hi,

So, given the recent difficulties in managing money stuff, let me try
to clairfy some things.  Right now, every money request is bounced
around and around, or asking the debconf chairs like they are the Epic
Know It Alls, where in reality knowledge comes from working together.

First off, the budget should be public.  We should have had it
discussed at meetings and agreed as reasonable.  Then, these things
can be dealt with reasonably fast.  It would hopefully have small flex
for other stuff.

Then, actual money disbursements can be handled by those people that
actually control bank authorizations (which is different for each of
the accounts).

Here is a quick copy-and-paste from budget-estimate.ods.  It may be
being updated.

Venue rental     -$11,519.34
Hacklabs         2,063.34
Server room              0.00
Auditoriums                      9,456.00

Food (150p.)                          -$18,417.62
Food 3056                   1       5.5 16,808.00
Coffee                    170 lbs              698.88
Coffeemakers                   4           91.8    367.26
Reusable cups                   250        1      2.1739130435 543.48

Internet                                   -$3,565.00
Yota ISP fiber 100Mb                                    -3,565.00

Other costs                                    -$13,193.50
Equipment & Infrastructure                                  3,000.00
Local travel costs                                       1,000.00
Day trip                                             3,000.00
Conference dinner                                               2,100.00
T-shirts                                            2,044.00
Banners                                                  310.50
Bags                                          1,087.00
Stationery                                          652.00

I would propose when budget-estitmate is updated, it be sent to -team,
and, combined with all the other info, we agree that it is reasonable
and approved.  (Note that a lot of these things are already approved).

- richard