Re: [Debconf-team] Debian/DIVA agreement

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:24:12PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Since we are starting to get closer to making agreements and things,
> we should formalize the Debian/DIVA agreement.  Some people drafted a
> text yesterday, which I moved to the wiki and is here now:
>
>   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/NGOMoney

Thanks to Richard and to everyone else who has worked on this draft. It
looks very good already! In principle, I would have no problem in
signing something similar to the current version.

I have applied some minor changes, feel free to put my contact details
for the part concerning the DPL. If a paper signature is needed on my
part, feel also free to add my snail mail (work) address,
i.e. Laboratoire PPS, 175 Rue du Chevaleret, 75013 Paris, France.

I have just a few comments, which I submit for your consideration:

- I think the idea of money held in trust for Debian should be crystal
  clear. Hence, I'd prefer to drop the quotes around "in trust",
  although I don't know if the meaning in English is exactly what we
  usually imagine, i.e. "money are ultimately Debian's". If this is not
  fully implied by the "in trust" expression, it would be nice to write
  that even more clearly.

- I guess the part "[details to be inserted by aroundthfur]" will also
  include some sort of maximum delay for doing so, isn't it?

- I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for an agreement text, but it
  would be nice to have some sort of thank you message for the service
  that DIVA will be providing to DebConf organization.

- Do we have any history of similar past agreements with other
  organizations? This text sounds reasonable and I'm ready to trust it,
  but if we do have some past records, I'd appreciate being pointed to
  them for comparison.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers.