Re: [Debconf-team] Registration plan / pentabarf changes

Thank you both Moray and Richard for trying to registrations more
simple and clear.

> The key thing here is there is no more "professional" category, we
> have these people book a room at the hotel directly, instead of us
> being a broker.

This person will book room directly won't go over us and everything is
absolutely clear, but how will we know if he's even registered, if
he's even coming? For example, how will we know, so we can make him
accreditation card? I'm planning accreditation card to be very
important, if you have one and if one says you're allowed to go to the
pools, then you're allowed to go to the pools. Same goes with,
daytrip, concert and other activities. I'm really not trying to
micromanage anything, but having these people listed will only give us
better way to realize how much of what we'll need to get. Tshirts for
example?

> Pentabarf changes
>
> - disabilities (we'll have people mail registration@ diectly)

Not sure what this means, if someone's disabled they'll be required to
email us directly? If this is going to be done this way, in
registration confirmation email (or other) there should be a note they
should do so.

I like this one:

> hide these fields (the proper way -- these fields get activated later
> on):
> - reconfirm attendance
> - day trip
> - maybe 'assassins' too, until someone agrees to run it

When it comes to assassins, you could deactivate this one for good :)

Registrations as they are now ... I'm sorry but they are complete
mystery to me right now. There's option to apply for food and
accommodation sponsorship, but where's travel sponsorship?

I would have it this way:

+ Sponsored
+ Corporate (€XXX)

Once person hovers over any of these, there would be a "tooltip"
explaining them what each moneys and what they get from each.

Once person has clicked on "Sponsored" they would have three options:

- Food
- Accommodation
- Travel

Under all of this there could be explanation how the sponsorship
process works, and in case they are denied they'll be let know, but
same thing is by how sponsorships are determined, that is by their
work within the project. And so on.

+ Corporate (€XXX)

I'm not sure what should be displayed after this is clicked, for main
reason I'm not sure what's happening once this is clicked. If
professional category doesn't exist anymore, and they do things on
their own, what does Corporate do in this case, they donate some of
the money, that is they pay for Travel or/and Food or/and Sponsorship?

I understand you're trying to simplify registration process, but let's
not simplify it to the point of not being clear or usable.

Adnan