Re: [Debconf-team] Registration plan / pentabarf changes

Adnan Hodzic dijo [Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:19:20PM +0100]:
> > The key thing here is there is no more "professional" category, we
> > have these people book a room at the hotel directly, instead of us
> > being a broker.
>
> This person will book room directly won't go over us and everything is
> absolutely clear, but how will we know if he's even registered, if
> he's even coming? For example, how will we know, so we can make him
> accreditation card? I'm planning accreditation card to be very
> important, if you have one and if one says you're allowed to go to the
> pools, then you're allowed to go to the pools. Same goes with,
> daytrip, concert and other activities. I'm really not trying to
> micromanage anything, but having these people listed will only give us
> better way to realize how much of what we'll need to get. Tshirts for
> example?

So, people not staying formally with us will get access to
pool/concert/daytrip? I expect the answer to be "yes"... :)

> > Pentabarf changes
> >
> > - disabilities (we'll have people mail registration@ diectly)
>
> Not sure what this means, if someone's disabled they'll be required to
> email us directly? If this is going to be done this way, in
> registration confirmation email (or other) there should be a note they
> should do so.

Yes - This field has always been required, but often ignored, as the
few disabled people directly contact us with their needs and
restrictions anyway. Having it as a field gives us little.

> Registrations as they are now ... I'm sorry but they are complete
> mystery to me right now. There's option to apply for food and
> accommodation sponsorship, but where's travel sponsorship?

Oh, it's always been a completely separate part.

> I would have it this way:
>
> + Sponsored
> + Corporate (€XXX)
>
> Once person hovers over any of these, there would be a "tooltip"
> explaining them what each moneys and what they get from each.
>
> Once person has clicked on "Sponsored" they would have three options:
>
> - Food
> - Accommodation
> - Travel
>
> Under all of this there could be explanation how the sponsorship
> process works, and in case they are denied they'll be let know, but
> same thing is by how sponsorships are determined, that is by their
> work within the project. And so on.

Thing is, the sponsorship for food+accom is usually (this can of
course be changed) decided in a different way than travel
sponsorship.

> + Corporate (€XXX)
>
> I'm not sure what should be displayed after this is clicked, for main
> reason I'm not sure what's happening once this is clicked. If
> professional category doesn't exist anymore, and they do things on
> their own, what does Corporate do in this case, they donate some of
> the money, that is they pay for Travel or/and Food or/and Sponsorship?

Conceptually, they are paying for the conference - Most conferences
will charge you Big Bucks for having the privilege of being there. We
could say that at DebConf we sponsor everybody for those Big Bucks,
but still allow to pay them, without turning into a sponsor.