Re: [Debconf-team] Registration plan / pentabarf changes

Hi,

One more suggestion: Stop directing people to
http://penta.debconf.org/ and instead put that info on
dc11/registration and directly to the account creation and conference
registration pages.  Some past DebConfs did this.  It is one fewer
thing to forget about updating things... http://penta.debconf.org
could even redirect to dc11/registration.xhtml

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 04:55:36PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 11. März 2011, Richard Darst wrote:
> > Moray and I went through and listed pentabarf changes to make and
> > along with it, the rough registration plan.
>
> Thank you very much for doing so! Looks good to me except...
>
> > Pentabarf changes
> > =================
> >
> > remove these fields:
> > - disabilities (we'll have people mail registration@ diectly)
>
> I'm not sure this is sensible like this. If we remove the field, we should
> have a prominent note inside penta (and/or in the autoreplys) saying we will
> handle persons need individually if we get to know via email to adress@

Definitely, but perhaps it could be on dc11/registration.xhtml?  In
fact, antiharrassment@{debian,debconf}.org would be good to mention
there too.

For DC10, people with this field checked were just (eventually)
emailed and 95% replied saying "oh, I don't need anything".  (And
people who checked it after that batch never got anything).  Emailing
us is simplest and least likely to get lost.

> > Registration option A
> > ---------------------
> >
> > - accommodation: question ONLY for sponsored people:
> >   * Reserve sponsored accommodation for me (ONLY display for Sponsored
> >     status, but needs to be default for that)
> >   * I will arrange my own accommodation
> >
> > Registration option B
> > ---------------------
> >
> > - accommodation: question ONLY for sponsored people:
> >   * I will arrange my own accommodation (default option)
> >   * Reserve sponsored accommodation for me (ONLY display for Sponsored
> >     status)
>
> What should be displayed there until sponsorship has been decided, which is
> usually quite close to the conf? "Nothing"? IMO there should be a note saying
> (inside the penta interface) "if your sponsorship request is granted you will
> be eligble for sponsored accomodation" or such.

This is a good point.  We had thought that "Reserve sponsored
accommodation for me" would be the equivalent of "Regular room" in the
past - if you have that + in sponsored category, then you are on track
for getting sponsorship.  In past years, those few denied sponsorship
were then moved to the "unsponsored" category.

However, you have an interesting idea about using "accom" (and "food")
to indicate sponsorship received or not...

(moray: I just realized that option B doesn't have a way to say
"doesn't have food sponsorship" yet, at least not in penta.)

- richard