Re: [Debconf-team] Arrival/Departure days for DebConf12

Moray Allan dijo [Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 01:48:20PM +0100]:
> > Taking a look at http://debconf11.debconf.org/dates.xhtml possible dates for
>
> This might not be the best example to follow, as there was some
> confusion over these dates for DebConf11, and we ended up changing the
> permitted arrival date after it was first announced!

Well, learning from past errors, it should be a great source ;-)

> > * Sunday 8th July: First day of DebConf. Debian Day.
>
> Are you sure you want to have Debian Day treated as part of the main
> conference this year?  We normally only do that if the talks would
> already be in English (it also depends on the kind of talks/speakers
> you plan for Debian Day).

AFAICT, this has been pushed towards one side and the other over the
years. I believe that DebianDay has *evolved* to become something
related but separated from DebConf. Some time ago we did encourage DDs
to go to the DebianDay lectures, to be around for other interested
people to interact with.

But yes, this was mostly nitpicking :) I agree that we should probably
change this to state either Saturday 7th as arrival day / DebianDay,
or DebConf day 1 to be on Monday (shortening by one day the actual
workable week). I'm inclined to the first option.