[Debconf-team] DebConf (new) local budget

Hi,

This is an emergency budget update.  As you know from latest mails,
local information has changed a lot, and we now have to actually
budget all of our things.

Local Incomes
=============

We have 150k€ allocated from the government.

We are supposed to have 12.5€ from a local sponsor (the one I
mentioned in other reports).  I hope this cash and real, but I can't
verify.

Local Expenses
==============

  Venue: 51.000 € - it turns out that we *do* have to pay for this, and
  it comes from our 150k€ budget.

  Hotels: 70k to 80k €, depending on details of room allocation.

  Food: 31k€ is my rough estimate.

Already, this is 152k €  -- more than the gov's 150k€ !  Additional
possible costs:

  T-shirts: I had 3k€ in the budget, but we have never gotten an actual
  local quote on this.

  Insurance: Our estimate was 1k€, but again, I haven't seen an actual
  quote.

  Conference-Dinner: costs unknown.

  Day-Trip: unknown, there is a report of a new day trip plan that is
  free, but we need more details.

  Diva-Costs: Diva implied that they would want to keep a local 12.5€
  sponsorship to cover their costs of organizing DebConf, if it was not
  needed for the conference.  Of course, we haven't asked them to spend
  any of their own money on DebConf.  We will just have to see what we
  can make of the situation.  Ideally, we would stick to our agreement
  and recover the excess money.

Summary
=======

150k-155k € - Critical expenses
5k€         - Other important expenses
?????       - Other expenses
155-160k €, - total
          but could vary by 10-20k€ easily

150k €      - gov sponsorship
12.5 €      - other sponsorship
150k - 162k€- total sponsorship

We need to be very careful with our budget and continue to cut costs.
We have a small amount of global money we could bring in, but it is
not sufficient to go having lots of optional things.  We should be in
full cost-reduction mode until we have actual hard numbers for these
things.

Thanks,

- richard