[Debconf-team] DebConf budget

DIVA Staff,

I am writing to ask you some information about the DebConf budget.

Your last message had said you had many expenses related to DebConf
over the last few years.  Could you give us a summary of these
expenses?  We are interested in what they are, and how much in total
has been spent so far.

We have raised money from sponsors globally, and money from some of
our attendees.  However, most of this money has already been spent,
with the largest amounts going to travel reimbursements, and other
equipment and computer supplies we need.  We were expecting the local
costs to be covered under the 150.000 € from the government.  Thus, it
is critical to keep local costs within 150.000 €.

Adnan had told us on 21 April that the government had changed its
position and would cover "all costs" for hotels, food, venue, day
trip, conference dinner, and buses, thus were surprised at the 150.000
€ budget.  This is why we need to minimize costs and make sure we have
enough money for the essentials (food, venue, hotels -- and t-shirts
and bags because we promised our sponsors to put their logos on
these).  Please keep us advised of expenses and we will provide advice
on what to do.

Thank you for your time spent on DebConf,

- Richard Darst