Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] [Debconf-discuss] Shuttles/Buses from Zagreb to Banja Luka cancelled

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 10:33:48AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Adnan, or localteam, or whoever: Some of us will be arriving quite
> late to Zagreb and will need to arrange for a night there. Is there
> any hotel recommendations? Something cheap and not far from the bus
> station?

Barring an odd summer storm, it'll be pretty hot in the city and if you
don't have any travel impairments such as small children or similar :) it'll
be easy to simply have a seat in an outdoor park or a bar and wait those
four or five hours out, and later take a nap again in the bus.

I've no idea if the bus station has some sort of compartments for advance
storage of luggage, it might have; so one might also be able to take a free
walk, the city is all lit up all night, nobody really cares about light
pollution :/ and it's reasonably safe, because at that time of night, the
most typical problem would be drunk kids making noise or driving too fast,
all of which should be trivial to ignore.

As for hotels, it's like with any other not-very-small European city -
there's a smattering of them and you can look for them using various hotel
search engines. For example I use a fairly randomly selected, American web
site http://www.kayak.com/maps where you can zoom into the location of the
bus station - e.g. type in "Av Marina Drzica 10, Zagreb, Croatia" in their
search and then look around, sort by price, stars, amenities, etc. You can
also draw a circle so it's easy to see the distance from the bus station.

Also, generic tourist info for Zagreb is available by Googling and at
Wikitravel, so start by simply having a look around :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.