Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf11 TV Ad?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:20:45 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote
> Adnan Hodzic dijo [Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:28:51PM +0200]:
> > >
> > > google?  really?  if i had 10 seconds to explain anything about debian
> > > and/or debconf, i can't imagine how Google would take up any of it.
> >
> > We're having a talk on Debian Day "Debian in the enterprise. A Google
> > case study" that's by two Google employees. Which will be more then
> > important to also mention in our ad as we're using reverse approach to
> > advertise Debian here. No one knows what Debian is, but they all know
> > what Google is, and if we can tell something about Debian through
> > Google then even better.
>
> Yes, but Google is not the focus of it - It just gives an example on
> how Debian can be a great choice. Just as HP does — and I didn't
> see you suggesting using HP in the ad. Or the Srpska government
> even.

Gunnar, please don't try to use logic to understand political-hype-stuff :)

As Adnan says, everybody knows Google, and some people believe it's good to
Debian to piggyback on Google's brand here. I just want to point that we can
run into legal issues by using "dont be evil"s name in TV advertising without
permission.

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org