Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf11 TV Ad?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:29:14 +0200, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> The way I thought about this ad was, to have list of cities where it
> was held so far, then couple of keywords, linux? open source? debian?
> google? and then date when DebConf wil be held and where.

Only a suggestion from someone who knows little about advertising, but ...

How about we rearrange the content on the http://debconf.org/ page, so
that DebianDay is first and most prominent, with the date and location
emphasised, and then make sure that that if only one thing from the Ad
make any impact, it's that URL, or at least the phrase "Debian Conference"

Anyone that is really interested in debconf proper should manage to read
past the blurb about DebianDay.

I note that debconf.org is first google hit for "debconf", "deb conf",
and "debian conf", "debian conference" etc., so it's quite likely to be
where any hits this Ad generates will end up, even if people don't
remember the URL.

If they first try 'debian' without the 'conf', they'll get to
debian.org, which, if they see the link, will then take them to
debian11.debconf.org, which if we're going to be newbie friendly should
probably also have a DebianDay link top & centre (rather than hidden on
the left).

Cheers, Phil.