Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf11 TV Ad?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Velimir Iveljic
<velimir@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
>> Seriously. Installfests are nightmares, require lots of resources, and
>> although they are nice overall... they drain too much energy. We can
>> focus in giving talks with interesting material. But please, not an installfest.
>
> Well it was my suggestion, but since i have no experience with such
> things, i will believe you!

Even if they appear to succeed on the day, installfests can set up bad
situations, if people go home with a system that they don't
understand, and without a strong connection to anyone who can help
them when they have a problem later.  (That's without thinking of
not-yet-fully-supported new hardware/accidentally lost data/etc. which
can cause more immediate problems.)

--
Moray