Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:39:26 +0100, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> 2011/6/27 Leandro Gómez <leo.telsen@gmail.com>:
> > Can we finish this?
>
> Yes, it would be good to get this sent off so we can all forget about it. :)
>
> > Anything else that needs to be fixed/improved before we send the
> > magazine ad?
>
> It would be preferable to avoid the line-break in the URL in the
> second paragraph of the main text: please edit the text to push the
> URL onto the next line, e.g. "Video presentations from Banja Luka are
> now available from the DebConf website at
> http://debconf11.debconf.org/.";

Given that that's just a duplicate of the URL at the head of the Ad it
might be better to refer to the videos direct, something like:

  Video presentations from Banja Luka are now available from the DebConf website:

                    http://debconf11.debconf.org/video/

but that would need us to actually have that as a working URL, which
judging by previous years is not guaranteed.  That being the case, this
is no reason to delay the Ad, but if it happens that there are other
changes, you could perhaps address this too.

=-=-=-=-=-

The debconf9 site has a redirect:

  http://debconf9.debconf.org/video/ -->
    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Streams

whereas the same is not true of debconf10, despite the fact that the
relevant wiki page does exist.

I don't see any obvious link to the videos for debconf8

Debconf7 has a link on the talks, which are here:

  http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2007/debconf7/low/

which is presumably the canonical home for this stuff, so we should
probably add links for debconf10 and 8 as well, but at the very least we
need a link on the home page for debconf11 if we're telling people to go
there, and it would seem like a good idea to do that redirect as with
dc9.

The empty wiki page already exists, so we could set the redirect
immediately, and add a link to the front page, so that there might
actually be some chance of people reading the Ad getting to the videos
when the time comes.

Cheers, Phil.