Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

Leandro Gómez <leo.telsen@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes. The "Republic of Srpska" bit is a bug. I'll change it to
> "Republika Srpska".

That looks fine to this NSoE.

> OTOH, I think "Banja Luka, in Republika Sprska, Bosnia and
> Herzegovina" is correct. There shouldn't be any parenthesis.

Justin is explicitly *not* saying that formulation is incorrect. He's
saying it makes for ambiguous grammar when used in a sentence. It's
“brittle”, if you like, because it breaks in so many common cases.

Is that another, also correct, formulation that doesn't have all those
commas, “and”, “in”, and so on?

> You don't say "Chicago, Illinois (U.S.A.)".

Because that phrase has no grammar-altering parts to it.

--
 \        “Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the |
  `\                     hours of 9 and 11 a.m. daily.” —hotel, Athens |