Re: [Debconf-team] Extending registration period

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> there will be extra work, namely two rounds for deciding who gets sponsorship.
> (the alternative is to do one round and those who'll get travelsponsorship
> will knowit later and have to pay higher prices.)

It's travel sponsorship this is relevant for -- there we need to trade
off people's requests against each other.  We might want to
sanity-check other sponsorship requests for people who obviously don't
qualify, but that can be done independently whenever there's time, and
there's no increased work by some coming later (there can be two
batches for checking, or one batch nearer the conference).

> tshirts have to be ordered later.

Whenever we need to order t-shirts, we should go with the current
numbers at that point -- of course adding ones for sponsor bags and
maybe some extra.

> we can make deals with hotels+food later, thus turning to more stress last
> minute.

For that part, it's the local team pushing for this, and the local
team who need to arrange hotels+food.

> people take us less serious if we move deadlines around all the time.

Right -- if we extend the deadline we need to make clear it's a
one-off thing due to extra money from the government, and won't happen
in future years.

--
Moray