Re: [Debconf-team] Extending registration period

Hi Ana,

On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:43:00 +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote
> On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 06:49:29AM +0200, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > Topic of extending the registration period was brought up on our last
> > meeting. I was the one who brought it up as in following couple of
> > weeks I'll be attending some very important conference in the region
> > and thus when I present the people with idea of DebConf11 in Bosnia I
> > want to avoid situation where I'll say something along the line
> > "you're welcome but only in case if you want to pay as you're not
> > eligible for sponsorship as sponsorships have been closed".
> >
> > Thus I suggest we extend the registration period until 19th which
> > marks the end of the last conference I'm going to.

[...]

> Hi,
>
> This seems similar to what we have done every year. We set the deadline
> for requesting sponsorship early but people still could register *paying*
> until the date we had to do the room reservation with the hotel/residence.
>
> I do not know how is the arragement with the hotels, but we should
> make clear the only thing we should close 8th May is *requesting for
> sponsorship*: lodging and travel. Also, people has been always

As I understood he wants to avoid inviting people from the conferences he will
attend and have to say that they would need to pay for food/accomm. So I think
he is asking for a deadline extension for food/accomm requests as well.

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org