Re: [Debconf-team] Extending registration period

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> I don't see any problems in moving the date like Adnan said.
> We have the means, and there's no extra work needed to be done. Why
> would it be a bad idea?

there will be extra work, namely two rounds for deciding who gets sponsorship.
(the alternative is to do one round and those who'll get travelsponsorship
will knowit later and have to pay higher prices.)

tshirts have to be ordered later.

in general its a bad idea to change plans as it leads to extra work/fuzz, but
i guess everybody sees this.

we can make deals with hotels+food later, thus turning to more stress last
minute.

people take us less serious if we move deadlines around all the time.

probbaly other things we'll notice later.

Thats why.

cheers,
	Holger