[Debconf-team] Extending registration period

Hey everybody,

Topic of extending the registration period was brought up on our last
meeting. I was the one who brought it up as in following couple of
weeks I'll be attending some very important conference in the region
and thus when I present the people with idea of DebConf11 in Bosnia I
want to avoid situation where I'll say something along the line
"you're welcome but only in case if you want to pay as you're not
eligible for sponsorship as sponsorships have been closed".

Thus I suggest we extend the registration period until 19th which
marks the end of the last conference I'm going to.

Now, as extending itself isn't much big of a deal, but some have
suggested that we also restrict sponsorship to the people who register
in this extended period, and that they are only eligible for sponsored
accommodating. I see from what kind of background this suggestion is
coming, but if we put that aside I still don't think that's fair, what
I would suggest is that we set more rigorous criterion for these
people who register in extended period or just let them register as
everybody had a chance up till now :)

Even if we disregard all things that were said in last paragraph,
please take this info into your consideration, all the conferences are
going to be held in <=500km radius so travel won't be much of a deal,
and shouldn't take much funds as all of it will fall on government, as
all of them will need accommodation.

Opinions and comments are most welcome.

Adnan