Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf 11 report - Feb 24

I don't mean to kick a dead dog, nor to attack straw men, but, I do have some experience in both conferences and politics.

My two cents: While 'special call' or interventions might help someone out of a tight spot (usually brought on by negligence, though perhaps not always), this kind of special help should not be abused (it adds extra burdens to our patrons and might even create problems for them). Thusly, we should concentrate on doing things well and in a timely manner, so that, should a real need arise, we can in clean concience ask for extra help.

Cheers, Jergas