Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf 11 report - Feb 24

Hi,

On Dienstag, 8. März 2011, Amar Cosic wrote:
> No one can "just enter" any country. If law requires papers/visas/letters
> for residents of some countries than that will 100% be case.

Yup!

> I think we
> rely too much on some phone call, "intervention" of someone etc.. which
> could go in wrong direction for some people..
> We could have list of ppl that require visa and we could (month at least
> before Debconf) arrange signature on that list of minister(s), president(s)
> that they are allowed to enter country.

A month might be too late already. We should aim for 2 at least!

For DebConf6 (I think, doesnt really matter which..) we had the case where
someone from somewhere in Asia, might have been India, had a Visa for Mexico,
had flight tickets from $home to Mexico and back and then was denied a
transit visa for the UK aka Heithrow airport. That person didnt make it :(

Point of the story: it's not only about Visas to Bosnia & Herzegovina, but
also "other stuff" (I'm sure there's more than transit visas here too), why
it's helpful to send visas / visa invitation letters as early as possible.

cheers,
	Holger