Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

>On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>> So DIVA would rather have some other NGO (of these two) pay for the
>> travel/accommodation/food sponsorships because of this situation.
>
> Why would this other NGO not be in the same situation as DIVA? What other NGO
> do you have in mind?

Because other NGO's are in different countries? By other NGO's I had
SPI and FFIS in my mind.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>> Government pays for venue+security there directly.  The government is
>> *not* paying for hotels or food directly, that has to come out of our
>> money.
>
> hmmmm.. so hotel will be 200*7*50 = 70000 EUR or something? How much are the
> hotels? Are the dorms still an offer?

We're in process of getting the new prices for all the hotels in area.
Dorms are still in offer and they are free of charge. This is what I
was thinking about.

Wait for Bosna Hotel people to figure out how much they are going to
charge us, that is how much they are going to lower the price for us.
After we have the price, we negotiate, and after we negotiated, we do
the same thing again unless there isn't need for such thing after
first negotiations :)

Plan would be to place as much people as we can in Hotel Bosna, with
disabled people and couples being in advantage of getting rooms before
others. In the meantime, we work on getting as much as money as we
can, with having Dorms in backup plan, where in case we don't get
enough money would place group/s of people in dorms.

Because it wouldn't matter much, since they would only sleep there,
*everyone* would all have lunch and dinner in hotel Bosnia, there's a
big restaurant where we could do this, instead of eating inside of a
Venue or places where people are staying at. Venue will be open 24/7,
so place you're staying at literally means you have a plan to crash.
Who's sleeping on DebConf's either way? :P

I asked this question 9 days ago, we haven't moved much in any
direction to be honest, *question* I have for debconf-team is: do I
have green light to start looking for sponsors/money?

Adnan