[Debconf-team] DC11 Govt. meeting Nov. 22 Summary & Plans for future

Hello everybody,

I'd like to make quick summary of DC11 meeting we had with Government
on November 22.

Topics we discussed with them were based on Nov12 Global and Local
team meeting agenda:(http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2010/debconf-team.2010-11-12-18.05.html)

*Making a final list of requests for Government and what is expected from them

- Hotel
- Venue
- Day Trip
- Security
- Transport
- Fun/Concert/etc
- Final dates

Things went smoothly to the point there wasn't even a lot to
negotiate. They'll make sure we get all the points I made above.

However, we had a problem from very start, and that problem is that we
still don't have final dates. So please, let us make final dates
already, this discussion has been going on long enough now.

My proposition is to conclude this topic by the end of this week (Friday 26th):
http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/thread/20101124.151804.1bb7e437.en.html

As it looks right now, perfect dates are:

DebCamp 17 - 23 July (17th is Sunday)
DebConf 24 - 30 July (24th is Sunday)

This way, after DebConf you could enjoy your vacation or whatever
until "Desktop Summit" that starts on August 6th in Berlin. After all
I too would like to go to this summit as well.

Once we have the final dates, we can proceed to reserve hotel and
venue. When talking about venue, there was also a proposition of
changing our venue, this new venue would be University of Economy.

However I do not want to discuss new venue until I have all possible
information about it. My position on this is, not to change it, why?
Well we spent so much time and effort on picking the right venue, and
now after all this effort was done someone who may not even be
acquainted with our Plan and Program/wiki proposes new venue.

We got this bid, because we proposed it as we did, this would be
changing crucial things IMHO, again I'd like to hear input from senior
organizers on this topic.

So by what I said here is, after we decide final dates this week, we
would start working on resolving all these topics and making them
final until our next meeting December 20th.

* Next IRC meeting?

Our original plan was to have this meeting week after the Government
meeting, now I would like to have date decided (Doodle) for our next
meeting since I'd like see people working on their assigned duties and
resolve any potential problems they might encounter.

By data I have today, my assumption would that this meeting would be
held end of first week/start of second week in December.

Comments, questions? Please do provide us with your input.

Enjoy,

Adnan