Re: [Debconf-team] Let's decide DebConf11 final dates

Quoting Enis Sahinovic (enis.sahinovic@gmail.com):
> Actually, we've discussed dates during our meetings at DC10 in NYC and
> I was pushing strongly in favor of mentioned dates because I'd like to
> see DebCamp + DebConf finished before the start of Muslim holly month
> of Ramadan. Local team members openly criticized me for bringing that

I personnally think this is a very valid argument. Probably all
international members of the -team list were'nt aware of this.

For sure, this is not like DebConf and Debian are projects that are
driven by religious concerns. However, holding the event in a country
where a large part of the population adheres to the muslim religion
and overlapping with Ramadan, is not the best choice.

Oh, sure, the event is in Banja Luka, in Republica Srpska, where the
vast part of the population is not highly concerned by this. But I
guess that the local team is still highly motivated for having as many
attendees as possible....*from all parts of Bosnia*. And such argument
could be used to say that, indeed, this "DebConf in Bosnia" is not a
"Debconf For whole Bosnia". As I somehow suspect that such argument
could already come per se (the funding by the local Rep. Srpska govt,
for instance), it is probably unwise to add more.

Combined with the Desktop Summit argument, there is IMHO room for
discussion.