Re: [Debconf-team] Let's decide DebConf11 final dates

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:09:29PM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Before I make any final dates myself, "again" let's discuss this and
> let's decide these dates together. After reading some of your opinions
> it should be backed up by one date earlier so the final dates should
> look like:
>
> 24th - 30th - DebCamp
> 31st - 7th - DebConf
>
> This is fine with them.
>
> I would also like to say that if we choose dates you could arrive one
> day earlier for DebCamp (23rd) and those who are sponsored if they are
> staying in Banja Luka could ask for one more day after DebConf (8th).
> Since some of them might want to go to a vacation, AFAIK these usually
> start on beginning of a week which is Monday (8th).

As said previously, I think from Sunday 31st July to Saturday 7th will
work much better than the first dates. My major concern is the slight
overlapping with the Desktop Submit 2011[1] that starts on 6th August.
No only because we'll lose some attendes in the last 2-3 days, it will
also affect press and media attention and maybe sponsors funding.

[1] http://desktopsummit.org/

Having DebConf one week before, 24th-30th August, we would avoid the
overlap and we would probably encourage people to have holidays in Bosnia
before heading to Berlin.
BTW, does anybody else know of major events happening in these dates
besides the Desktop Submit?

I am myself not planning to attend the Desktop Submit, but I think
it is the worse conference we could overlap. What do you think?

Ana