Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf11 Plan and Program document

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 03:13:07PM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> Hey,
>
> DebConf 11 local team did great job on translating "Plan and Program"
> document which we handed to Government on our last meeting with them.
> They did this in record time even though there was no deadline set up,
> therefor congrats team :)
>
> Reason this document was translated is so you can get acquainted with
> some of the ideas we have proposed to them, there's a lot room for
> change. After making list of our requests for Government on our
> meeting last night along this document, I think this makes us more
> then ready for next meeting with them on 22nd.
>
> You can find the document on:
> http://foolcontrol.org/dc11/DebConf11%20-%20Plan%20and%20Program.pdf

Thanks for translating.

But please, please, *please* don't do that:

5.4 The DayTrip

"...Since DebConf is visited by many participants who are not physically capable
of such an event (such is rafting on Vrbas), too, we would organise a visit of
an etno-village for them."

If daytrip is kept as DC official event it should be accessible to all
atendees. Daytrip X for people who walk and daytrip Y for people who don't walk
is IMO a horrible idea, even worse for a project like Debian.

Regards and thanks again for all your work in DC11,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org