Re: [Debconf-team] Nametags holders/puncher (was: Re: Next global team meeting: Saturday 10th at 19UTC)

Hi,

On Montag, 12. Juli 2010, Brian Gupta wrote:
> IRC best estimates say that since there are 330 reconfirmed people,
> that 400 should be enough with some to spare. Being as they aren't
> super heavy to carry extra laminates, and the extras can be used next
> year, 400 should be about right. I suppose that if we wanted to be
> paranoid, you could bring more than 400, but 400 should be more than
> enough.

The laminates/pouches are light, the clippers are more heavy. (But 400 of them
are fine, 1-2kg or so. 1000 would be worse...)

On Montag, 12. Juli 2010, Philip Hands wrote:
> I'd suggest that you just bring the punch, as that's the bit that's
> liable not to be instantly available.  We'll need to get a laminator
> anyway (unless you were planning on packing one of them as well) so I'd
> think that it's easiest to find a local stationary shop that sells such
> things, and buy the pouches at the same time.
>
> If the local team knows a shop that sells this sort of thing:

Yes, bringing the puncher (the thing that makes holes) is definitly
useful, /me thinks.

I never planned to bring a laminator, simply because I dont have one :)

So we need one. It costs about 20 EUR and is useful to have anyway, to make
sign and those "15/10/5min left" signs and what not.

The pouches and the clippers (so all the plastic for a nametag) can surely be
bought everywhere in the world, but it might be hard to find. I know we tried
at previous DebConfs and failed. Thats why I offer to buy them here, as I
know a store which has them, where I can walk in and pick them up. It's some
effort for me, but it's straightforward. Thats why I offer to do it. I know
they surely can be bought in NYC somewhere, but if you are busy preparing a
conference, you probably dont want to spend hours on that.

If someone wants to do that, I'd be happy _not_ to bring them. I just know the
task looks easier than it is (there are several solutions for that, with
different costs and technologies) and that I've already know where to buy
what.

So unless someone local sends me a mail within the next 36h that I shouldnt go
and buy them for DebConf10, I will. (And then want the money back ;) If you,
the debconf10 localteam dont want that, send me a mail.

Someone (local) just needs to bring a laminator.

cheers,
	Holger