Re: [Debconf-team] Nametags holders/puncher (was: Re: Next global team meeting: Saturday 10th at 19UTC)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:26:19 -0400, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > the same technology like we used for debconf5-9,
> > http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/557667968_052ede2fe3.jpg has a pic :)

Hi Holger,

It seems that there's a little confusion about what we're talking about
here, as people are not familiar with the technology.

I'd suggest that you just bring the punch, as that's the bit that's
liable not to be instantly available.  We'll need to get a laminator
anyway (unless you were planning on packing one of them as well) so I'd
think that it's easiest to find a local stationary shop that sells such
things, and buy the pouches at the same time.

If the local team knows a shop that sells this sort of thing:

  http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-roller-TL901/dp/B0010JEJPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1278963677&sr=8-1
and
  http://www.amazon.com/BUSINESS-CARD-SIZE-POUCH-PACK/dp/B001BBCGC2/ref=pd_sbs_op_3

that'll be fine.

(I'm not recommending Scotch, they were just easy to find)

If the shop in question is also run by the owner, and sells other useful
consumables (I'm thinking power-strips) it would be worth going round
and negotiating a discount for DebConf, based on the fact that we'll be
around for a fortnight, and we're likely to buy their entire stock of
power strips ... twice ;-)

Cheers, Phil.