Re: [Debconf-team] attendee bursary status

Hi,

On Thursday, July 01, 2010, micah wrote:
> Our current budget.ods (which we know is not accurate and could be off
> by ± 10k) includes funding Queue A 100%, funding for food for everyone
> who requested it, and leaves us in an OK state (-$4138). This is before
> any requests for funds from Debian.

I'd send e-mails to Queue A saying they are funded right away.

> Can we go ahead and notify those people that they are receiving
> sponsorship for travel and food? If not, why not? I think we should go
> ahead, and unless someone says something in by (*spinning arbitrary
> deadline wheel*) Monday, I will propose to at the global team meeting we
> do this.
>
> For Queue B we need to make some decisions. If we funded 70% of Queue B
> we would be approximately -$14k. This seems like a large number to be in
> the hole, so we likely would need to request money from Debian. If we
> requested 20k, and funded 70% of Queue B, we would have +$5820, if we
> did 100% of Queue B we would be +$1515. Remember that we are expecting
> unexpected expenses.

Without Debian monies, I see it very difficult we will be able to fund Queue B.
Extra venue costs are popping up quite quickly and they aren't cheap.

Also,Zack's reply about how we are prioritizing our expenses is quite
worrisome, but I don't fully grok it. I'll inquire on IRC.

Last but not least, with one month to go many of those ticket prices are most
likely heavily undervalued. Some tickets might even have doubled their price.
I would like to suggest we spend this week working with Queue A people to make
sure they are coming and they are taken care of before looking into Queue B.

My 20 millicents,

P.