Re: [Debconf-team] Networking agenda

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 01:05:18PM -0400, micah anderson wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:10:36 -0400, micah <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm also curious to know a few things from past debconfs, such as
> > previous network bandwidth usage patterns, expected network services,
> > lessons learned from past, other considerations we need to take into
> > account.
>
> Also, do we have any equipment that is going to be traveling with
> people, or can be shipped? I'm aware of the buffalos, but it would be
> surprising to me if we do not have a cache of equipment, cables,
> crimpers, switches, machines etc. that have been brought around to
> different debconfs past.

It's probably already been said in person or on irc, but much of the
miscellaneous stuff like that comes from individuals who bring it with
them from spare personal or work stuff. afaik, debconf doesn't own that
stuff in the same way as the v-t audio gear. (though it would be great
if someone proves me wrong. :) )

For what it's worth, I have crimpers and cable testers and I'm sure
others in the localteam do too.

-edrz