Re: [Debconf-team] [food] Summary of food choices

Hi,

On Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010, Richard Darst wrote:
> In preparation for the meeting, here is a summary of the various
> options we have:

I didnt find any information about answers in the meeting summary to the
questions in this mail (just that you ate there), so whats the status of all
this?

> Get a caterer
> =============
>
> - We'd have to have a place to do the eating.  We have two options:
>
>   - eat in one of the places we are using for a hacklab, which
>     requires clearing it every meal, and holds about 150-175 people.
>
>     This option produces a logistical nightmare.

Thus I wouldnt even call it an option.

>   - Eat in the courtyard we have, which will be hot and outdoors.  We
>     can rent a tent to put inside which will help with the direct sun
>     and rain problems.  This greatly solves the "clear the hacklab"
>     problem.
>
>     The localteam hadn't thought of this option until just now, and
>     greatly simplifies the logistics of catering.  However, since it
>     was just thought up, we need to do more research on its
>     practicality.

any updates?

> Eat in the dorm cafeteria
> =========================
>
> - We can eat in a dorm cafeteria.  This cafeteria would only be open
>   Monday to Friday, but would satisfy all of our food needs nicely.
>   They _will_ take payment at the door for non-sponsored attendees, so
>   this greatly simplifies things.
>
>   The problems with this option are: We'd have to find something else
>   to do on weekends.  Maybe they could offer some sort of reduced
>   service for us.  Maybe we could cater.

If there is a solution for weekends (and if we can pay that price) I think
this option could be the best. OTOH, eating outside in a tent _can_ also be
_real_ nice, but that depends :)

> - We have to pay for people all-or-nothing (all people get meals every
>   day of the week, you can't tell them the number of meals the day
>   before.)

Couldnt we hack this easily: above you wrote, that they accept extra people
paying at the door, so we tell them a fixed number and the rest pays at the
door, possibly with money from us? Or did you mean that the fixed number has
to include those paying at the door?

> - We may have to adjust our schedule to fit their hours:
>     breakfast 7-9:30; lunch 11:30-2pm; dinner: 5-7pm

That doesnt look too bad to me.

cheers,
	Holger