Re: [Debconf-team] 'Contact me regarding disability accommodation'

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:07:07PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 05:51:38PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:31:06AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > > Some of them had set it by
> > > mistake (apparently it's confusing terminology to Spanish speakers) and got
> > > bitten by the bug that prevents it from being unset,
> >
> > I only remember one person having language issues.
> > Most of the people have not set it by mistake, it is set for this strange bug
> > we have going on.
> > The bug is quite annoying and the field can not be unset as normal user or
> > as admin.
>
> It can still be unset at the DB level. I also haven't personally experienced
> a any circumstance where it got set without someone clicking the check box, but I
> do remember you or others saying it has happened, and I realize such weird
> things do occur. Several of the people said they had set it by mistake or
> misunderstood it, but also maybe they were confusing mistake with accident. :)

There is certainly a bug somewhere. Some people were surpised when they got the
email and they assumed they have checked it by mistake and replied you that in
the email.
I got first this bug on my data and later saw it in people who I know do not
have any problem. I do not know how the bug is triggered, it needs some penta
querying to be triaged and I actually thought you were going to do this before
sending the emails to remove the false positives.
My concern here is this bug might affect another field besides the
"disability" one and we might happen other field more important with wrong
data.

Ana