[Debconf-team] [venue] hours for security

Hi,

We have various hacklab locations available to us:

- in Mudd hall: This contains two primary hacklabs.  We have cafeteria
  (~150-175 people), CS department lounge (~50) and CS Courtyard
  (~150, outside, needs chairs/tent).

  We have to pay for security for this in order to use the Mudd areas
  when the building is closed.  This is about $55 per hour.

- In the dorm lounges: We can't reserve these exclusively for us, and
  we can't set up more tables/chairs without paying.  There are
  various lounge furniture (small tables, chairs, sofas, etc) to use.
  There is a lounge in both buildings, each holding enough room to
  seat 15-20 people, but much more floorspace that other people could
  fit into.

  Attendees living in the dorms can use these at any time informally,
  but they may be reserved for other groups occasionally.

  Attendees not living in the dorms can _not_ use these lounges.

The current plan is:

- Use Mudd as the hacklabs until XX:XX in the night/morning.  Then,
  close these down and ask that people move to the dorm lounges.

  With XX:XX = 01:00 during DebCamp and 03:00 during DebConf, this
  costs $8750.  This also includes some fixed weekend daytime security
  costs.  I also assume 24/7 on arrival weekend.

  To extend this to 24/7 for both weeks, it would cost about $5250
  more.  A bit less than half of that for DebConf week only.

The current cost estimates are based on the draft math located here:
  http://whiteboard.debian.net/rooms_security.txt

Extending one extra hour for one week costs about $275.

So the main question is: How late to extend things, on which days?

- Richard