Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 scheduling is available

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 04:56:19PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> WOW. Definitely a place to go to. However apparently very expensive (I
> sampled a 8 oz. piece of Brie de Meaux being 9USD, so over
> 36USD/kg...while my local cheese store is selling AOC Brie de Meaux
> for 11EUR/kg). Same 3x ratio on Comté and, I guess, all other cheese.

This place[1] is farther away but the cheese is quite a bit cheaper.

This one[2] is also not near Columbia and features cheeses
ranging from quite cheap to not so cheap.

If you like mountain gorgonzola, there is a place in Little Italy
that often has good stuff.

There are many other cheese shops where you can get excellent cheese
for high prices.

Finally, there is fresh mozzarella (which is illegal to sell in New
York City), but the hour it would take to get to Columbia could
result in it hardening too much to be spectacular.

[1] http://www.sahadis.com/
[2] http://www.cheapassfood.com/eats/show/162-cheap-cheese