Re: [Debconf-team] My thoughts on reconfirmation, fundraising, etc

Hi,

On Dienstag, 1. Juni 2010, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On IRC, Joerg Jaspert, Safir Secerovic, and Steve McIntyre all seemed to
> share my belief that we could raise sufficient funds over the upcoming two
> months with sufficient effort and that my proposal was reasonable.

I concur. And I have a very hard time trying to rememeber a DebConf where
funding+money wasnt a huge problem in advance. Each year it looked quite
impossible to make it and each year we made it (well!).

It will still need more fundrising efforts for sure, but we also still have
two months ;-)

That said, I also think Margas idea of asking people *now* (why they want to
attend) is a good one.

Giving people only 5 days of deadline to reconfirm _sensibly_ (that is with
them knowing their sponsorship status) is already almost hillarious short
notice.

cheers,
	Holger