Re: [Debconf-team] My thoughts on reconfirmation, fundraising, etc

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 06:35:04PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 02:06:28PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > - Edit the current reconfirmation email to sai
> >   - We can't promise you sponsorship yet
> >   - Please fill in travel -> debian work so that we can review stuff
> >   - Reconfirm if you can, please fill in all your data anyway.
> >   - You'll get another email before you have to reconfirm, saying if
> >     you have sponsorship or not.
> On IRC, Joerg Jaspert, Safir Secerovic, and Steve McIntyre all seemed to share
> my belief that we could raise sufficient funds over the upcoming two months
> with sufficient effort and that my proposal was reasonable. At least some of
> them also thought the proposed reductions in sponsorship guarantees were an
> overreaction. On the other side of the issue, Ana Guerrero, Richard Darst,
> Pablo Duboue, and Clint Adams were asserting that I was engaging in magical
> thinking and unreasonably faithful in things working out, and were highly
> concerned about what would happen in a worst-csae scenario. Moray Allan was in
> between the two groups in terms of fundraising confidence and emphasized that
> it was important to have enough people focused on that task instead of split
> between different duties. Apologies if I summarised anyone's view incorrectly.

I'm still working through email backlog from yesterday (and probably
won't read irc backlog), so I don't have the full picture. That said, I
strongly suspect I would have fallen in the middle with Moray had I been
around for the discussion.

-edrz