[Debconf-team] Sending reconfirmation emails

Hi,

So, we need to send reconfirmation emails.  We also need to ask them
to enter in their plans before we can review them, and we need to
review people before we can promise sponsorship.  We need to promise
sponsorship before some people can reconfirm.

So, here's what I say we do:

- Edit the current reconfirmation email to sai
  - We can't promise you sponsorship yet
  - Please fill in travel -> debian work so that we can review stuff
  - Reconfirm if you can, please fill in all your data anyway.
  - You'll get another email before you have to reconfirm, saying if
    you have sponsorship or not.

  Help edit this email text here:
    http://whiteboard.debian.net/new-reconfirmation_18942.wb
    (svn: debconf-data/penta/dc10/reconfirm-precheck.py)

  However, there are also things in
    debconf-data/penta/errorcheck.py
  which may need editing.

  I send this _today_.

- We use these things to review people during the week.

- I send the reconfirmation check email again by this weekend
  (Saturday at the latest) which has their current sponsorship status
  and all.

If we send emails by Saturday, then that still leaves five days by the
current June 10 reconfirmation deadline.  This sounds reasonable.
What do you think?

- Richard