Re: [Debconf-team] Action plan on sponsorship

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 07:35:15PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:

> I have added a second proporsal about the DebCamp plan that I think is a bit
> more clear. More feedback welcome.
> We can update the criteria as we go for the list of people.

+1, but i'll leave it up to the people doing the reviewing and have
been to debconf before.

> > Here is a proposed list of what we should do now:
> >
> > - I send mail to all attendees, saying
> >   - We need to review sponsorship.
> >   - Fill in Travel -> What are you doing for debian?
> >   - If you are going to DebCamp, make sure you have a good debcamp
> >     reason.
> >

> Richard, could we send this email tonight to *everybody* who asked sponsorship?
> There is a email alias to send the email from where people can answer if they
> have doubts?
> The exaclty wording of the email could be prepared by IRC.

See my other email I just sent.  I will do this today, help me on IRC
make it ok

> I would suggest doing this in the following way (open to improvements):
> - people in the team get a list of the data and research people in their own
> following the criteria given in the wiki page.
> - do a IRC meeting the weekend and review people.
> Even if we have more than 200 people asking sponsorship, I honestly think
> most of the people is easy.

IRC meeting sounds like a good idea.  Can you start assembling names
of people on the team on the wiki page?  I made a section for team
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/SponsorshipReview

- Richard