Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 selection press release - getting it sent

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:31:54AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hu?  Why only d-d-a?  Why not debian-news or even -announce? (Which
> would involved us to send it / approve the sending of the message.)

No reason, except past practice for the "next year's DebConf will take place in
X location, date TBD" announcement. I don't have strong feelings on the matter,
though it's not enough information for anyone to plan schedules around yet.

> Speaking of press stuff:  I would have also appreciated, if the "Call
> for Contributions!" announcement would have been coordinated with us.  I
> think that would have been worth to be send through our channels as well.

I don't see why it's too late to do that still. IIRC I did send my registration
announcement from February 3 to debian-news and it never made it through, but
I'm planning to send a registration reminder some time between now and the end
of the weekend. Feel free to advise me how to get that more successfully to
press channels than my attempt from Fbruary.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org