Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 selection press release - getting it sent

Hi!

Jimmy Kaplowitz schrieb:

If we aren't using press channels, I'll send it to dc-a (and d-d-a if
more than zero people say to) and call it good.
I'd encourage you to send it to d-d-a too, except that the mail will only get
through if signed by a GPG key in the Debian keyring. Given that, with your
permission, I'll make a copy of your mail to dc-a once I receive it, remove the
headers specific to that delivery like Date and List-* and Received, update the
To: header to d-d-a, sign with my key (but still you in the From: line), and
send there for you. (I've done this kind of clean-up-a-list-mail-for-resending
thing many times; it's trivial in mutt.)

Hu? Why only d-d-a? Why not debian-news or even -announce? (Which would involved us to send it / approve the sending of the message.)

Speaking of press stuff: I would have also appreciated, if the "Call for Contributions!" announcement would have been coordinated with us. I think that would have been worth to be send through our channels as well.

Best regards,
  Alexander

PS:  Thanks h01ger for bringing this thread to my attention.