[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf11 decision process

* Holger Levsen (holger@layer-acht.org) [100107 11:37]:
> Hi,
> thanks Jimmy for bringing this forward!
> On Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > We need to move toward a decision in the next couple of months. Given the
> > lack of a single bid that everyone can agree is clearly the best, we will
> > do the usual process, a long IRC meeting where we compare bids according to
> > a priority list and come to a decision.
> IIRC we had this twice now, for dc7 and for dc10. And both times a single 
> decission meeting wasnt enough. And I doubt it will be enough this time :-)
> So I'd rather suggest to keep this in mind and announce this accordingly. It 
> seems likely to me, that the meeting end of february will mostly present the 
> bids and maybe we can sort out one of the three proposals (and maybe we cant) 
> and that it's quite likely that we will need another meeting for the 
> decission sometime in March.

I'd like if we at least try to sort out two proposals (i.e. come to an
conclusion), but it's not the end of the world if we fail that. We
should however (at minimum) identify which issues each proposal need
to clarify and do better for the final decision.


Reply to: