Re: [Debconf-team] Open Day talks

Andreas Tille dijo [Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 08:55:25AM +0200]:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:56:48PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > I'd say that Open Day selection people should also be able to mark
> > things as "official", then.
>
> Since several DebConfs I wonder whether we should change this
>
>   official / unofficial
>
> branding into
>
>   spnsored / not sponsored
>
> to express what we *really* mean.  It always confuses people what
> the distinction between official and unofficial means.

Umh, I agree we should find a clearer wording - But I don't think it
means sponsored/not sponsored.

Some official talks are not sponsored (i.e. are submitted by people
who are not requesting for travel aid or are even paying to attend as
professional/corporate). And the role of the talks review team _is_ an
academic role, proposals _are_ judged and ranked on how important and
relevant are they to our group of people.

Possibly a proper wording would be "pre-scheduled/scheduled on
site"... Although that's also not precisely true.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244