[Debconf-team] Minutes from yesterday's meeting

HI!

Yesterday we had a global organization meeting, regarding several
subjects apart from local organization.

* More penta access
 - We needed someone else to be able to run queries through
PentaBarf's DB, so that we can get the needed information when the
Penta admins are busy with something else.  Gwolf generously
volunteered for being a backup-query-runner, and Noodles as well.
 - Holger has been working on needed queries that are listed at:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/PentaQueries

* Several money issues
- The budget team has been working on how much money is needed for
this DebConf.  They came to the conclusion that we will need a minimum
of € 60,000, but € 90,000 would be ideal.
- Regarding sponsors, we currently have around € 45,000
received/promised, 10-20k€ more possible.
- Also, some sponsors from previous years have yet to tell us about
their situation for this year.  This will be adjusted by Sledge and
MrBeige to have a better estimate.
- Regarding DebConf8 leftovers, there are some disagreements on the
amount of money left on the different places that held money from
DebConf8, as well some unexpected expenses, it is currently being
worked out.  The final number is probably going to be around USD 10k.
- We will probably get a bit more money from Professional/Corporate
attendees, but that still needs to be worked out.
- We also want to publicize donating money to DebConf9
- All in all, it looks like the budget is going to be fine. However,
if we don't reach the ideal amount, we might need to cut on trips and
travel sponsorship.

* Updates from other teams:
- Video Team will have a meeting this week
- Room allocation is still waiting for details from local team
- T-Shirt team: gwolf will head up the t-shirt/bag team again (likely
around USD 3.80/shirt, and 300 paper bags for USD 220). Shipping and
customs are in the process of being figured out.
- Visa Team: as far as we know, the Junta agreed to sign the papers,
some translations got done, and there seems to be progress.
- Money-out Team: mails to people that might have made a mistake while
filling in their data have been sent, and their opportunity to fix it
has past.  We won't make any more exceptions.  The team is in the
process of being assembled.

- We didn't have anybody present from the "Talks Team".

* Other pending stuff

- http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/ToDo has a lot of the pending
stuff that needs to be done.
- We are currently postponing any planning on the daytrip or
conference dinner, until the rest of the stuff is in better shape.
- Regarding information about the city, we need to see what tourist
bureau has to hand out to people.  The Junta should probably handle
this, but we need to inform them about it.
- We need someone to check the information of attendees to see if they
have entered the info we need (dates, category, etc).  Gwolf and
Holger volunteered for this.
- Moray will work on adding more information to the website.
- Schultmc will modify the click&pledge interface so that it's ready for DC9.
- Someone should work on publicizing donations once click&pledge is done.
- Holger will probably be visiting Cáceres soon, to help out with the
organization.

* Next meeting:
- We will hold the next global meeting in two weeks (Monday May 25th
19 UTC), the next local meeting in one week (Monday May 18th 19 UTC).

Actions for people:

* cek and/or anto:
  - details of rooms to room allocation team
* gwolf:
  - Act as backup-query-runner
  - All T-shirt stuff
  - Help look at penta data to sanity-check
* h01ger
  - Help look at penta data to sanity-check
* marga / schultmc / Maulkin
  - Figure out pending reimbursements and money disagreements
regarding DebConf8.
* moray
  - Add more data to website
* MrBeige
  - work with Sledge to adjust sponsors-summary for other sponsors we expect
* schultmc
  - Make sure click&pledge is setup for dc9 attendee payments
* Sledge
  - Work with MrBeige to adjust sponsors-summary for other sponsors we expect

! UNASSIGNED
  - Work on publisizing that donations will be helpful this year...

People Present:

   1. MrBeige
   2. marga
   3. moray