[Debconf-team] Minutes from yesterday's meeting

Hi!

Yesterday we had a local-team meeting.  The intention was to have a
meeting with both César and Anto, and hopefully somebody else from
Extremadura, but only César turned up.  The idea was to have the
meeting in Spanish, to avoid mis-communication issues, but in the end
it was a very mixed-language thing. We mainly talked about the venue
and the venue change.

César told us that the Junta is going to pay € 30.000, that includes
the venue and part of the residence costs.  Holger is going to include
a Platinum Sponsor logo for the Junta.

The new venue is very expensive and thus it has been booked only for
DebConf week, not for DebCamp.  DebCamp would be held at the residence
only.  There's a lot of issues with this new venue, listed at:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/VenueToDo

The Muñoz Torrero residence has one talk room, with fixed seats, for
about 200 people.  It also has an eating room (which is used for
eating), that can be a pseudo-hacklab outside meal times, but it can't
be the main hacklab, for obvious reasons.  There are other places in
the residence, but we don't have enough information to know how we
will use them during DebCamp / DebConf

Regarding the new venue, the buses and all that stuff, we commented
how much the whole situation sucks, and we asked César to please
explore other possibilities, something that doesn't imply taking buses
or doing things different in DebCamp and DebConf.

We also talked about getting more volunteers, because currently César
and Anto are doing all of the local work, and it's too much for them.
Traveler_ will write to some local LUGs in the search for some more
people to help out.

Regarding food, nothing has been booked yet.  Anto has the pricelist
for the food that we could have at the residence, César was going to
ask him to sent it to the list.

New Bot Minutes:
http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team-2009-05-04-19.01.html
New Bot Log: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team-2009-05-04-19.01.log.html