[Debconf-team] Minutes from yesterday's meeting

Hi!

Yesterday we had a local-team meeting, that was held in Spanish in
#debconf-team, with simultaneous translation to #debconf-team-en.
Even if the translations are not so good, this turned out to be a nice
way of communicating better with the local team, while keeping
everyone else in the loop.

So, this are the news from the local team.

* Local sponsors
+ Cáceres 2016 (the one that had already been mentioned on the list),
will send the money to FFIS.  Anto has to fill in a form and after
that they can make the bank transfer.  Holger will give them the
information regarding the transfer.
+ Anto has spoken with four sponsors that he will try to close the
deal with in the next two weeks: Cáceres city council, Cenatic,
Telefonica, and Gabinete de Iniciativa Joven.  He estimates that all
of them together will probably be contributing € 20.000

* Venue
+ Anto has been analizing the proposal of having the whole DebConf at
the Muñoz Torrero residency.  There seems to be enough space for that
(one conference room for 250, another room for 200 people can also be
arranged, and there are several rooms that could serve as the
different hacklabs).
+ The main problem would be having so much people in a place that is
not prepared to do that in July, i.e. the heat.  However, with the
money saved from not having to rent the other venue nor the buses, it
would be possible to rent air conditioners, so that the rooms where
there are many people can be cooled down. Anto has been asking some
sponsors to sponsor this, and water coolers.

* Accommodation
+ We have 210 beds among the two residencies (140 in MT, 70 in FS),
and 30 extra beds in the "albergue municipal" (something like a
hostel, as far as I understood).
+ Anto will send mail this week with the details regarding the amount
of rooms and beds in each place.
+ We need information regarding how many people are staying each day,
but currently we don't have it, because of the more than 300
registrants, only 166 have dates.  Gunnar is preparing a query so that
this information is available to anto, even if it's incomplete.

* Food
+ Anto has received a budget from a caterer that would serve directly
at the MT residency: € 15 for breakfast+lunch+dinner, selfservice.
+ People that do not receive sponsored food will be able to buy the
ticket for their meal there.

* Visas
+ 8 letters have already been sent, some others waiting for missing
data from the attendees (passport numbers and the like).
+ It was a lot of work to get the Junta guy to sign, but in the end he signed.

* Accessibility
+ There's a room accessible for one wheel-chair user available at MT.
If we need more, there's a possible hotel in Cáceres, but a trip by
car would be needed.
+ Holger was in Madrid recently, and he has information regarding
accessibility their, which he will send soon.

* Next meetings
+ Next global team meeting (in English): Monday, May 25th, 19:00 UTC
+ Next local team meeting (in Spanish): Monday, June 1st, 19:00 UTC

Action Items, by person

   1. anto: anto will send a list of rooms, sizes, and locations to
the mailing list
   2. gwolf: gwolf gets the DebCamp / DebConf people numbers to anto.
   3. holger: help anto with the bank transfer of Cáceres 2016.

People Present:

   1. marga
   2. anto
   3. gwolf